At Argus Optical Co, Dr. Burgess and our entire Hamilton optical team are committed to providing advanced frame and lens fittings in a professional and comfortable environment. As an optician in Hamilton, our primary eye care service offers glasses and frames fitting as well as contact lenses
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
Comprehensive eye examinations start with pretesting with the latest technology including autorefractors which give autorefraction: a measurement of the shape of your eyes which the doctor uses as a starting point for your glasses prescription.
Once the preliminary tests are complete, Argus Optical doctors will then perform the eye exam that includes the following procedures.
- Refraction: determining the glasses or contacts prescription that provides the best possible visual acuity
- Tonometry: measuring the pressure inside the eye to determine if it is in the normal range
- Slit Lamp examination: obtaining a magnified view of the front surfaces of the eye in order to find anterior segment diseases such as cataracts, corneal changes and dry eye syndrome
- Ophthalmoscopy: examination of the structures inside of the eye to find diseases of the retina, macula and optic nerve head
- Retinal Photos are taken when changes in the back of your eye need to be monitored more closely. These tests can help monitor choroidal nevi, retinal tears and holes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy
- Topography and Keratometry map and measure the cornea for precise contact lens fittings and during lasik surgery evaluations
- Visual Field Testing : a peripheral vision test to detect any defects in your side vision
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): Optical Coherence Tomography, or OCT, has changed the way eye care professionals analyze the retina, optic disc, and anterior segment structures by providing high-resolution, cross-sectional and three-dimensional (3D) images of the retina, optic disc and anterior segment, to give our doctors valuable information that aids in the diagnosis and management of a range of ocular disease
Keep yourself and your loved ones healthy! At Argus Optical & Sunwear, our friendly and experienced staff will make sure you always feel comfortable and well-informed. Schedule your Comprehensive Eye Examination today for the whole family and see how our team of qualified professionals can get you or your loved ones feeling great.
Eye Glasses Fitting
The Best Brands in Bermuda, Hands Down
At Argus Optical & Sunwear we pride ourselves in sourcing the best brands and styles to provide you with a modern unique look.
In today’s society you can embrace style and high fashion in every aspect of your wardrobe, including the frames and sunglasses you wear as all the major fashion designers are including frames and sunglasses in their collections.
Argus Optical and Sunwear is the place to shop all the latest options for exclusive and high-end frames and sunglasses.
You no longer have to travel to New York or London when you can shop right here for brands like Prada, Oliver Peoples, Robert Marc, Barton Perreira, Lafont, Alain Mikli, Tom Ford, Dolce and Gabbana and many more.
Contact Lens Fittings
Quality Care that Fits Your Lifestyle
Today's contact lenses can be a safe and exciting alternative to eyeglasses for just about anyone and for just about every prescription!
Which lens design is best for you? Our Comprehensive Eye Examination and Contact Lens Evaluation and proper handling and care instructions as well as an assessment of your lifestyle determine the right lenses for you!
f you’re looking for a quality Contact Lens Fitting, then Argus Optical is the Optometry Clinic for you. Our professional team is here to guide our patients and their families every step of the way. Stop by and schedule an appointment to experience firsthand how we can help you today.
Pediatric Eye Care
Expert Care for the Whole Family
Argus Optical is proud to offer the highest quality of eye care for your entire family. Our doctors takes care of your children from birth to graduation with services to monitor the health of their eyes and offer specialized treatments to correct vision and vision-related problems.
Up to 80% of what we learn comes through vision, therefore problems with vision can have a major impact on a child's performance at school. Good vision is more than having healthy eyes and reading 20/20 on an eye chart. Good vision also requires eye teaming, eye focusing, eye tracking, and visual processing skills. If children have inadequate visual skills in any of these areas, they can experience great difficulty in school, especially when reading.
We specialize in examining and treating children of all ages and patients with special needs.
We know that a healthy, efficient visual system is critical for the development of children and adolescents which is why our PediatricVision program offers services that focus on eyesight and eye health but also :
- School Achievement
- Learning Enhancement
- Reading efficiency and ease
- Myopia Prevention